Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Project: Google Translate(II)

     I have started writing my article. At the beginning, I introduced the company, Google, including the founders, services that Google provides. After that, I introduced Google Translate, mentioning how it works, how many languages it supports, how it can be used. After that, I began to  discuss the problem of Google Translate.
      I have created couple examples and have them to be translated by Google Translate. My target languages are English, Korean, and Chinese. When there is a problem occurred, I put it in my article and describe what the problem is. For example, I have a sentence "Do you need anything?" translated from English into Korean. This sentence became "What do you have to do?" when it is in Korean. I started to investigate this sentence. At the same time, for the examples that translation problem occurs, I make changes on them such as replace a noun by another noun or use other modals instead.

      That was what I have done so far. Next, I will be looking for few more examples and find out what are the patterns of those weird translation.

No comments:

Post a Comment